Reformed Theology of Pastor and Bible Teacher John MacArthur.
Doctrinal Statement of Grace to You Ministries
- Jehovah is the author and giver of life.
- Jesus is:
- The Son of God
- The Second Person of the Holy Trinity (Godhead)
- Sitting at the right hand of God the Father in Heaven patiently and mercifully waiting his return to judge the righteous and wicked
- My Saviour
- Jesus died on the cross as atonement for my sins and raised up to life in bodily form on the third day to fulfill the prophecy.
- The Holy Spirit dwells in every believer; gives us reassurance, comfort, healing, wisdom and understanding through God's Word, and administrates our spiritual gifts if we are submissive to him.
- You must repent (turn from your old life of sin) and ask God for forgiveness and believe in the works done by Jesus Christ and not in your own righteousness.
- True conversion must be a point in your life when you made the decision to follow Christ and your worldview was totally flipped upside-down; your eyes were opened to the truth of God, the world as you knew it and all of life itself. You now look at the world through a new lens. Your heart is changed. Your desires are for God and you are more aware that your behaviour is constantly under the viewing glass of your Holy Father. And His Spirit, which dwells within you, reminds you of your duty as an ambassador of the faith to submit yourself to the control of His Spirit and not of your flesh or the thoughts of men that has so poisoned your mind.
- Baptism comes after hearing the Word and making a decision to repent and follow Christ. It is a public declaration of being born-again. Infant baptism is not an exception.
- Homosexuality is wrong behaviour according to the Word of God. It is a sin to your body and goes against what God intended between man and wife in the sanctity of marriage. It's a desire that one may feel very strongly about, but like many sinful desires the feelings are wrong.